Recently I have been doing a lot of stuff with my new group of friends whom I helped film the Last Nights Vice video. My friend A.J. invited me to shoot for him a while ago, and through him, I met Scott Hutcheson. Recently I have been a part of Scott and A.J.'s podcast, Pixel Slayers, which they shoot for Scott's website VeryAware.com. Meeting these guys has given me a great opportunity to get out there and start shooting, but I would have never guessed they would have led me to such an amazing opportunity.
Today I got a call from a number I didn't recognize and when I answered it was Scott. He asked if I had any plans for this Thursday. I told him that I actually had to work, and that was also the day I would be coming home from Cincinnati so I pretty much booked for the day. He told me that was a shame because he wanted me to do some photography work for him. I thought ok, I could ask off work for this. However at the time I had no idea what kind of shooting he wanted me to do. Turns out that the new movie, The Other Guys, starring Mark Wahlburg and Will Ferrell, picked Saint Louis to show its premier screening. I come to find out that Scott scored an interview with Mark and Will, and he wanted ME to go with him and shoot for his interview!!! I couldn't believe it! How did I ever get this opportunity!?! I immediately told him that I would do it, and after about 20 calls, I was finally able to get off work. So now I am going to go to the premier of The Other Guys on Thursday and actually get to sit down with these guys and take some shots of them. I'm telling you, falling in with A.J. and Scott was the best thing I have ever done, just knowing them has given me so many opportunities.
Also in the middle of that, I am leaving for Cincinnati tomorrow to see Josh Ritter and the band, and we are on the guest list. If you would have told me that I would be doing this shit now two years ago, I would have never believed you. If this is the kind of shit I'm doing at 20, who knows where I'll end up. The one thing I can count on is that I'm always going to keep moving forward and see how much I can keep surprising myself like this!
Lets hope I don't pass out when I meet these guys!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment