Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Up to speed

How do I sum up an entire year of my life? Especially one that has challenged and taught me so much. This last year has been one of the hardest and yet most fulfilling years of my life. Last year started the period of my life which will come to define me, and looking back I can already see how much I have changed. Last year, I was a kid with no direction ( for the most part), I had no idea where I was going in life and that thought wore on me every single day. Although I still don't have all the answers and I definitely am still unsure about my future, I now have a new sense of confidence that I am at least pointed in the right direction. Last year revolutionized me and made really start to understand myself. So now that I have begun to understand myself, I want to be able to remember myself and all the events in my life that have made me who I am.
Last August was the last time I sat down and wrote on this blog, and while I have been journaling in my own time in bits an pieces throughout this year, I have missed out on a lot that I will now have to rely on simply through memory. So here is me doing my best to define the period from August 2009 - August 2010....here goes nothing.

After thinking about it, I realize that there is no genuine way to sum up last year. I can sit down and type out all the things that happened, but they will only be a generalized view of my memories. I am not able to convey the same emotions and thoughts that I was feeling at that time, and those are the things I am worried about the most... so i wont write about them, it simply would not do them justice. Instead I will tell you that over the last year I went to England and traveled Europe, I got accepted to Columbia College in Chicago, I have started filming and shooting my own photography with a group of friends who have thrown me into a new field, I have started to go to church and I have completely changed my point of view and mindset along the way. While these are only the big things that stick out right now, there is a lot that I am missing, there is one thing that should be known and thats that now I am a completely new person and I have a lot in store for me in my future, and while I have no idea where this crazy life of mine will take me, I will have this blog to follow my crazy escapades where ever I go! Here's looking forward to the rest of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment